Hello again everyone, over the last week the response from my readers and twitter people have been outstanding! I have realized that over the last week or so that I have gained loads of new followers and readers. This is exciting. When I started this blog I had the intention to share knowledge that I learn as I grow myself as a writer and a person.
One of these new readers is someone who I have subscribed to as well Jess Mittens at Mitten’s Skittens published a post, “Does my Picture Change Your Opinion? In this post she posted a picture of herself and went on to describe how perception is different to everyone on the person behind the text. This has inspired me to post about myself; to illustrate a better picture to new readers of the mad man who hides behind these words. Here’s 25 things about myself along with a couple of pictures.
- I have been dedicated to being a writer since at age 6 I figured that being a New York Yankee wasn’t plausible
- I’ve been blogging since 8th grade when I was fourteen. I remember I was suspended for fighting and set up a Freewebs account. That site is probably still floating around cyberspace somewhere.
- When I was younger I wrote fantasy and action stuffs; now I write dark stories and horror. Though occasionally a sweet story will pop out.
- I work two jobs well three if you count freelance writing.
- I barely escaped high school. For someone who aced every test, my teachers were shocked to discover my ambition in class. Instead I would fill notebooks from cover to cover with stories and poems. Blah.
- I failed my first year of college due to being lazy and bored with institutionalized education- I hope to come back in January.
- Last year I attended the AWP Writing Conference in Chicago, Illinois. It was absolutely life changing. I hope to go back this March, but it all depends on my monetary situation.
- I believe that more than half of what is taught in History class is pure Western propaganda.
- My first semester of college I was infatuated with Ancient Aliens and most of my World Civilization’s homework I would toss in little nuggets of the theory. Needless to say my professor wasn’t pleased.
- I am happily taken by a wonderful girl.
- I have been playing music since I was 14. I saved my allowance for three months until I could afford a $108.40 Blue Johnson guitar. I still have it.
- I began to play in a band of kids my age Dehydration we played one gig at a church called Holy Fire. Stupid us, we thought it was a club, not a church.
- Later when I was 17 I would form a band called No Faith. I have it’s named tattooed on my forearm. We did pretty damn good and played over 10 gigs.
- We were kicked out of a coffee shop. Enough said.
- I curse like a sailor.
- I work as a Meat Clerk at a Stop n’ Shop and at a Toys r’ Us. wah.
- I believe I opened my eyes when I was 16. I have followed the rabbit hole down and now am a complete Libertarian. Peace and love. Can you dig it?
- My first short story “Cycles” was published in Absent Willow Review. Of course, it wouldn’t be my life if the publication didn’t shut down a month later. Ah. At least it earned me an article at Bookkus.
- I have had paranormal experiences in my life.
- I’m the proud uncle of two beautiful nieces and a crazy nephew.
- I’m constantly seeking enlightenment through all mediums.
- I’m on a diet and will be blogging about it soon.
- I want to start a podcast one day.
- I love blogging and writing. I hope that one day I can desert these two crappy jobs and bring my attention to the written form and the true joys of life.
Well there’s just 25 things about myself that I would like to share with you great readers. Drop me a line if you would like to connect, I would love to hear from you!